The second testing environment option is to set up a new sub-domain for use with the ChamberMaster modules which serves as an alternate context which can have it’s own settings, templates, styling etc…independent from the customer’s live CM/MZ-provided modules.
Steps for using a sub-domain for development of a new site integrated with CM/MZ:
- Create new “A” type sub-domain record in client’s DNS which points to our server’s IP
- Login to the Integration Settings Control Panel for the current site and add the new sub-domain as an additional context via item 2 on the DOMAINS tab (“Add a Domain”)
- Then login to the Integration Settings Control Panel for the newly created context (e.g. http://cm-dev.green-valley-org.com/integration/settings/)
- Add the URL of your development environment's primary domain to the BASE TAG URL field on the DOMAINS tab for the new context (e.g., http://mynewtestsite.green-valley-org.com/) and integrate the new site with the ChamberMaster modules using the settings on the newly created sub-domain
- At the time of launch you will update the new site to use the primary sub-domain and will also copy all settings from the dev context to the live context via the DOMAINS tab > IMPORT button.
Once your dev subdomain has been setup, you can continue with the integration by creating a template page.